You're In The Right Place!
SUMMER CELEBRATIONS ARE SATURDAY, JULY 29 at EVERY BRANCH!
Click HERE for full details about what's happening in your location.
You can still register for Make Play Read Learn using this LINK.
Get ready to have the best summer ever as we kick off Make Play Read Learn 2017 all across the city! With your help we are on our way to have more readers, learners and makers in Chattanooga than ever before.
Registration began on Saturday, June 3 but you can still sign up before the Finale on July 29 inside all of the library branches at the kick off parties, or at any of our participating registration partners listed below!
REMEMBER: After you register be sure to pick up your Make Play Read Learn passport filled with 26 fun activities to do all summer.
HOW IT WORKS: Fill up your activity passport with points by visiting new places and trying new things! Complete as many activities as you wish but the more you complete the more chances you have to win one of five awesome prizes. Go for all 60 points to complete your MPRL Passport and you will automatically be entered to win the grand prize, an iPad and an iTunes gift card.
Come On! Let’s have the Best Summer Ever!
BEGINNING SATURDAY, JUNE 3:
- Citywide Registration Partners: Get help registering online, pick up a passport and start earning points and get stamped at these locations:
Eastgate Library - Northgate Library - South Chattanooga Library - Downtown Library - The Chattanooga Youth and Family Development Centers (YFD) - The Boys & Girls Club - Hamilton County Department of Education’s Summer Schools - Girls Inc. - Inner City Ministries - Northside Neighborhood House - - Bethlehem Center.
- Activity Sponsors: Bring your passport with you to any of these locations this summer to earn points, get stamped and have fun:
- Bessie Smith Cultural Center: Passports can be stamped at their front desk. Exhibit for Summer is African American Baseball History . Admission: Adults $7, Senior Citizens & Students $5, Ages 6-12 $3. Members & children 5 and under are free.
- Center for Mindful Living: Passports can be stamped at their front desk. Open various hours according to classes. Children ages 5 & up can attend a free yoga class on Wednesdays at 10:30 IF they have their passport with them. They can get them stamped after the class. Groups should call ahead for space availability
- Chattanooga Zoo: Passports can be stamped in their gift shop (they have their own zoo stamp). Open 9-5 daily. Admission: Adults $9.95, Seniors 65 & up $7.95, Kids ages 3-12 $6.95, Kids ages 2 & under free.
- Creative Discovery Museum: Passports can be stamped at their front desk as you enter museum.Open 9:30 – 5:30 daily during the summer . Admission: Members free, General Admission $13.95, Military Price with ID $9.95, Local Police & Firefighters with ID Free (up to 4).$2 admission for up to 6 family members with EBT card. Free Family Nights: Thursdays, June 9 and July 14 at 5:30 pm.
- High Point Climbing & Fitness: Passports can be stamped at their front desk/register (they have their own stamp)
- Hunter Museum of American Art: Passports can be stamped at the admissions desk. Admission: Adults $15, Children & Youth Ages 17 & Under Free with a paying adult (up to 5, each additional child $5), Members Free. Active Duty Military & Personnel and their families free
- Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center: Passports can be stamped at visitor information. Admission: Members free, Adult $10, Senior 65 & up $7, Child 4-11 $7
- TechTown: Passports can be stamped at checkin desk. Open Mon-Fri 9-5, First Sat of each month 1-4pm.
- Tennessee Aquarium: Passports can be stamped at exit desk of River Journey building (admission NOT required to get stamp). Open 10-6 daily. Admission: Adult $29.95, Child 312 $18.95, Child under 3 free
- WTCI: Tennessee Valley PBS: Passports can be stamped only during guided tours of the studio. Free guided tours to kids (& parents) with passport: Wednesdays at 2:00 pm. Groups can call Jennifer Crutchfield at 423-702-7815 to schedule a different time to tour.
- Wayne-O-Rama: Wayne-O-Rama is open Wednesday through Sunday, 11 am to 6 pm. | 1800 Rossville Avenue, #108.
- McKamey Animal Center - 4500 North Access Rd. | 423.305.6500
- Songbirds Museum - A Collection Of Timeless Guitars | 423.531.2473