The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Department of Performing Arts in partnership with the Chattanooga Public Library's Children's Department present Symphonic Tales, a music and literacy series for young children.
Please join us on Saturday, November 11, at 1:00 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Library as we welcome Flutist Ronda Ford and narrator Steve Ray in a performance of Alan Ridout’s enchanting story “The Emperor and the Bird of Paradise.” The performance will be followed by games and crafts.
The Chattanooga Public Library is an ArtsBuild community arts partner.
ABOUT SYMPHONIC TALES
Over the last several years, Symphonic Tales has been impacting the early literacy of hundreds of children at the public library in a variety of ways:
- a heightening of general interest in and curiosity about reading and other literacy-related activities;
- improved disposition toward developing early literacy skills;
- enhanced listening skills and attention spans;
- increased sensitivity and response to musical stimuli;
- acquired familiarity with children's literature and music; and
- development of gross and fine motor skills, as well as physical coordination.