The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Department of Performing Arts in partnership with the Chattanooga Public Library's Children's Department present Symphonic Tales, a music and literacy series for young children.
Join us at 3pm on Saturday, May 6th, for Ferdinand the Bull. The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf will be presented in a musical setting by Mark Fish titled Ferdinand the Bull, for woodwind quintet and narrator.
Crafts and games will follow this exciting performance.
About Symphonic Tales
Over the last several years, Symphonic Tales has been impacting the early literacy of hundreds of children at the public library in a variety of ways:
- a heightening of general interest in and curiosity about reading and other literacy-related activities;
- improved disposition toward developing early literacy skills;
- enhanced listening skills and attention spans;
- increased sensitivity and response to musical stimuli;
- acquired familiarity with children's literature and music; and
- development of gross and fine motor skills, as well as physical coordination.