Children visiting the Chattanooga Public Library can enjoy so many fabulous activities at every branch! Each library has created a magical destination for learning and play in their areas designated especially for children. Drop by any time to join the fun. And always check our event calendar for weekly and popup programs! Need to speak with one of our Children's Librarians, give our department a call: 423-643-7730
Here are just a few things you may discover:
- Early Literacy Stations: All of our libraries have specially programmed computers which include over 70 educational games and 4,000 learning activities. These computers are geared for children ages 2 to 8 years-old. Learn about math, science, social studies, geography, reading, art, music and more!
- DUPLO and LEGO Tables: Every branch has a table for your child to design and construct DUPLO and LEGO masterpieces. The tables are engineered with a baseplate top that makes it ready for creative minds.
- Puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles: We have puzzles at every location. Some of our wonderful puzzles are jigsaw, magnetic, story blocks and many more.
- Games and Toys: We have such a variety of games and toys that we can’t list them all! Each branch is different, but some of our favorites are the Magna Tiles, Tinker Toys and Mr. Potato Heads.
- Magnetic Boards: Remember those wonderful magnetic letters and numbers from your childhood? Let your children discover the fun of making words on these display boards.
- Train Table: The Northgate, Eastgate and Downtown locations have Train Tables which provide loads of transportation fun. Create our own railway story as you move your trains along the tracks.
- Dress-Up: The Children’s Area of the Downtown Library has a Playhouse full of dress-up fun. Whether it’s a fire chief, pilot, nurse or book character, your child can choose who he or she wants to be for the day.