Curbside Pickup is the safe and convenient way to get all your books, audiobooks, DVDs, tools and more, and it just gets better!
We’re now offering Curbside Concierge services.
Pick Up a Tool Library Item
Tool pick up is no longer available through Curbside Concierge, because you can now come inside to check them out! The first step is to check out our Tool Library Inventory. Then, give us a call at 423-643-7740 or visit our Downtown Library to find out what’s available. Tools are available on a first come, first serve basis, but you can check out up to 3 tools at a time! If it is your first time checking out tools, you will need to first fill out our Liability Waiver and Tool Use Policy. To save time, print and fill these out before you head down. If you don’t have the ability to print, we’ll have forms for you.
Pick up Seed Exchange Packets
There are now two ways to pick up Seed Exchange Packets! You can drive into the curbside pickup area at our South Chattanooga Library to get seasonal packets each week. Or, you can visit our Downtown Library and browse our seed exchange catalog located on the 1st floor! You can check out either two weekly packets at South Chattanooga, or check out up to five from our catalog Downtown.
Pick Up a Zoo or Reflection Riding Pass
Chattanooga Zoo passes are available at all library locations, but they are first come, first serve. Pass is good for 7 days, and covers entry for 2 adults and up to 4 children. To get a pass, visit your library of choice, and call the number on the curbside sign.
Our Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center pass is available at the Downtown Library, on a first come, first serve basis. The pass is good for one carload, on one day. To get a pass, visit the Downtown Library, and call the number on the curbside sign.
Pick Up Choice of Books, Audiobooks and DVDs
Visit our catalog to find the item(s) you want, and reserve them by clicking the “Hold Request” button. Pickup is available at the branches listed below from 9 am – 5:45 pm.
- When you get notified that your items are ready for pickup, grab your library card, and head on over to your branch!
- Follow the signs out front to the designated curbside pickup area.
- Park and call the number listed below for your location. Please be prepared to provide a description of your vehicle and any special needs you may have. If you do not have a cell phone, please call your pickup location before you leave home, and our staff will schedule a time for you.
- South Chattanooga
This branch will remain closed until the Avondale YFD center reopens. Please direct your calls and book returns to one of our other branches.
- When staff approach your vehicle, please press your library card or photo ID against your window so we can verify your identity, and then pop your trunk. Staff will place your holds in your trunk and close it for you. If you don’t have a trunk, we can place it in your backseat.
- Please do not hand items to library staff to be returned. Any items you wish to return must be placed in the library book drop so that they can be quarantined before being placed back in circulation.
- If you are walking or biking to pick up your holds, we will have them ready on an outdoor table for pickup. If other patrons are waiting, we ask that you wait in line, at least six feet apart from others. Our staff will check your library card or ID and leave your holds on the table for you to collect them.