Downtown Library to Offer Free Covid-19 Vaccines
The Chattanooga Public Library will start offering free, walk-in vaccines at its Downtown Library starting Monday, July 19.
In June, the City of Chattanooga partnered with Lifespring Community Health to administer free vaccines at its community centers. According to Dr. Mary Lambert, the City’s Director of Community Health, this initiative aims to bring to a familiar place that is comfortable and convenient for residents. With the Library acting as another community vaccine site, Dr. Lambert hopes to reach downtown residents and individuals experiencing homelessness.
“We are thrilled to take part in the City’s vaccine initiative,” said Library Executive Director Corinne Hill. “Our Library strives to provide the public with whatever they need, whether that’s a book, a tool, or a vaccine. And, this isn’t our first time assisting with public health. In 2019, when the state was seeing an increase in Hepatitis A cases, we teamed up with the Hamilton County Health Department to offer vaccines then.”
Free COVID-19 vaccines will be available on a walk-in basis in the Downtown Library Auditorium every Monday from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Monday, July 19, through Monday, August 30, 2021. Identification is not required for the vaccine.
Additionally, local residents can also conveniently access vaccine clinics at the City’s community centers on the following dates:
- July 21 — Avondale from 10 a.m. to noon
- July 21 — Heritage House from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- July 28 — Shepherd from 10 a.m. to noon
- July 28 — Eastgate Senior Center from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 4 — Carver from 10 a.m. to noon
- August 4 — Hixson from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 11 — Brainerd from 10 a.m. to noon
- August 11 — Westside from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 18 — South Chatt from 10 a.m. to noon
- August 18 — Tyner from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 25 — John A Patten from 10 a.m. to noon
- August 25 — Glenwood from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The City plans to offer additional vaccine clinics at the Library in the future, so please stay tuned for more information and announcements.
We have tons of volunteer opportunities for ages 10-18 and adults.
Join the Chattanooga Public Library this summer for Make. Play. Read. Learn.!
The Chattanooga Public Library is
proud to present its 2021 List of
recommended Summer Reading Picks.
Our ESL students continue to be committed to being family to each other on this journey of learning English, and doing it virtually.