- This event has passed.
Symphonic Tales presents: Make Way for Omelette
January 12 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s Department of Performing Arts in partnership with the Chattanooga Public Library’s Children’s Department present Symphonic Tales, a music and literacy series for young children.
Join us on Saturday, January 12, as we present the aria, “Make Way for Omelette” from the opera Dr. Miracle by George Bizet, featuring Beth Duroy, soprano; Sara Snider Schone, mezzo-soprano; Jason Canter, tenor; and Scott Willis, baritone. The performance will include a reading of Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham and will be followed by games and crafts.
South Chattanooga Library, 1:00 p.m.
Over the last several years, Symphonic Tales has been impacting the early literacy of hundreds of children at the public library in a variety of ways:
– a heightening of general interest in and curiosity about reading and other literacy-related activities;
– improved disposition toward developing early literacy skills;
– enhanced listening skills and attention spans;
– increased sensitivity and response to musical stimuli;
– acquired familiarity with children’s literature and music; and
– development of gross and fine motor skills, as well as physical coordination.
The Chattanooga Public Library is an ArtsBuild Community Arts Partner.