The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Department of Performing Arts in partnership with the Chattanooga Public Library's Children's Department present Symphonic Tales, a music and literacy series for young children.
Join UTC clarinet faculty Nikolasa Tejero, accompanied by pianist Susan Hadden as they perform Daniel Dorff’s “Dance Music for Mr. Mouse,” a musical rendering of a busy mouse’s antics. This exciting performance will be followed by games and crafts. Saturday, February 24th, Northgate Library, 1:00 p.m.
ABOUT SYMPHONIC TALES
Over the last several years, Symphonic Tales has been impacting the early literacy of hundreds of children at the public library in a variety of ways:
- a heightening of general interest in and curiosity about reading and other literacy-related activities;
- improved disposition toward developing early literacy skills;
- enhanced listening skills and attention spans;
- increased sensitivity and response to musical stimuli;
- acquired familiarity with children's literature and music; and
- development of gross and fine motor skills, as well as physical coordination.
The Chattanooga Public Library is an ArtsBuild community arts partner.