Online Library Card Renewal
Once every year we renew your library card. If any issues arise during the online renewal process, please visit us in person at any of our branches to renew your card.
In order to renew online, you must:
- have your physical library card in your possession
- have a valid email address
- have no outstanding fees over $5.00 (fines can be paid online here)
- be able to electronically submit a copy of your valid government issued identification to the library (a photo or scanned image are acceptable) If the card belongs to a minor, the parent/guardian must submit their valid ID.
- be able to submit proof of your current address to the library (if not the same as the address listed on your ID.)
- be able to submit any other supporting documents required (for example, photo of current City of Chattanooga employee badge if a city employee.)
- In most cases, your card will be updated within 72 hours except holidays and other days the library is closed. We will contact you via email if we need additional information to complete the process and/or when your renewal is complete. Any applicable non-resident fee will be posted at the time the library card application is processed by a staff member.
If you no longer have your library card, we can issue you a replacement at any of our locations during normal operating hours with current photo identification. Note: If the card is for a minor, the minor must be present and the parent or guardian listed on the account must provide their identification.
Parts of several other municipalities share Chattanooga ZIP codes and mailing addresses. In addition, many area subdivisions not within the border of the City of Chattanooga include the word ”Chattanooga” in their names. If you are unsure, you can check your address here.