Our Vision: The 4th floor is a public laboratory and educational facility with a focus on information, design, technology, and the applied arts. The more than 12,000 sq foot space hosts equipment, expertise, programs, events, and meetings that work within this scope. While traditional library spaces support the consumption of knowledge by offering access to media, the 4th floor is unique because it supports the production, connection, and sharing of knowledge by offering access to tools and instruction.
4th Floor hours:
Tuesday through Thursday 2pm-8pm
Friday + Saturday 12pm-6pm.
For questions or equipment reservations please call 423-757-4750. Reservations can also be made in person by visiting the space during regular operating hours.
- MakerBot Rep2 3D Printers (fees: $0.06 per gram of PLA used) *
- Laser Cutter (no fees but must supply your own material) *
- Vinyl Plotter (fees: $0.30 per square foot of vinyl used) *
- Oculus Rifts
- Chattanooga Zine Library + zine making lab
- Floor Loom
- Power Tools
- Hand Tools
- Soldering Bench
- Arduino Kits *
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Mini soft box + lights for product photography
- Co-working Space with white boards, projectors, couches, tables.
- Special Event Space with sound system, stage, and presentation equipment
- More to Come!
*Chattanooga Public Library Card in good standing is required.