Our Vision: The 4th floor is a public laboratory and educational facility with a focus on information, design, technology, and the applied arts. The more than 12,000 sq foot space hosts equipment, expertise, programs, events, and meetings that work within this scope. While traditional library spaces support the consumption of knowledge by offering access to media, the 4th floor is unique because it supports the production, connection, and sharing of knowledge by offering access to tools and instruction.
4th Floor hours:
Monday through Thursday 9am-8pm
Friday + Saturday 9am-6pm.
For questions or equipment reservations please call 423-643-7753. Reservations can also be made in person by visiting the space during regular operating hours.
- Lulzbot Taz and MakerBot Rep2 3D Printers (fees: $0.06 per gram of PLA used) *
- Laser Cutter (20"x12" cutting area) (no fees but must supply your own material) *
- Vinyl Plotter (fees: $0.30 per square foot of vinyl used) *
- CNC Router ((by appointment only)
- Photography Studio. Headshots and product photography (by appointment only)
- 4K Monitor
- HTC Vive Virtual Reality Booth
- Screen Printing and Heat Press
- Chattanooga Zine Library + zine making lab, button maker
- Floor Loom
- Sewing Lab with sewing machines, serger, embroidery machine *
- Power Tools
- Hand Tools
- Soldering Bench
- Arduino and Electronics Project Kits *
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Agile co-working spaces with white boards, projectors, couches, tables.
- Special Event Space with sound system, stage, and presentation equipment
- More to Come!
*Chattanooga Public Library Card in good standing is required.